Saturday, October 22

The Pain of Child Birth

For those of you not lucky enough to have kids, you have not fully experienced the pain child birth.

Sure you've heard of the contractions and the ripping or the unbearable nausea and cramps during pregnancy, but that's nothing compared to the true pain...

I'm too tired to play games.

Gears of War 3 is almost done but I'll be damned if I know what's going on. Something about a Lambent and little exploding things and a chainsaw. The action is thick and fast but it's all a blur.

Batman Arkham City is singing its siren song but it looks like the Dark Knight is on his own while I catch up on my sleep.

Between midnight feeds and taking my two year old back to bed, the only action the old 360 is getting is playing Dora DVDs to entertain my eldest.

Even the Xbox is feeling the pain of children - the disc drawer opens when it feels like it thanks to the eager hands of my two year old.

Funnily enough I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll wake up soon and have two co-op battlers by my side. The future is looking up and I can't wait to press start.

Note: I do not in any way, shape or form think that I've been put more pain, torture or nausea than my wife. She did a great job during the pregnancy and an even better job now looking after our two beautiful kids. I'm very proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you, TJ. Hope you, Sherri and the kids are well.

    ReplyDelete