Monday, July 23

The Last Supper

As expected, things got a little hectic in the lead-up to the great fast. I kept my eyes glued to the Daily Deals, Flash Sales and Community Choice promotions -- which in a disappointing twist, were merely daily deals reconstituted for the slow to decide -- and came up with my smallest tally in my history of dealing (yes, dealing) with Steam sales. Just over a hundred dollars spent and over twenty games acquired:
  • Quantum Conundrum (with Season Pass)
  • Driver: San Francisco
  • E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
  • Krater
  • Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Dungeon Siege I, II and III
  • The Walking Dead
  • Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  • Dear Esther
  • Total War: Shogun 2 (and Fall of the Samurai)
  • Gotham City Impostors
  • Trine 2
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana
  • aaaaand a bunch of games I own on other platforms but don't have the self-control to refuse at ridiculous prices: Burnout Paradise, F3AR, Crysis 2, Red Faction: Armageddon, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
I wasn't -- for the lack of a better word -- strong enough to let it end there though. I also picked up the following console games to see me through this trial:
  • Theatrythm: Final Fantasy
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • The Darkness II 
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD
  • Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Honestly,  if I can't survive just over 4 months on this final meal, it's over. I know I have a problem, but cataloguing a week's worth of this shit has been somewhat of a wake-up call. On the bright side, I did manage to knock one game off the pile of shame already: Assassin's Creed: Revelations (review forthcoming).

Wish me luck!

 Hang in there, peeps: a review will be up soon.

Edit: The website I ordered Spec Ops: The Line and The Darkness II through couldn't process payment on Monday (23 July), so I decided to cancel. Didn't want to disqualify myself before I even started!

No comments:

Post a Comment